Monday, February 21, 2005

Presidents Day

Just relaxing here on this presidents day after a long weekend. Took a half day on Friday and as I walked out, thank goodness I said "see ya Monday" to someone and they were so kind to inform me that we had Monday off. I'm such a dunce, I would have gone into work today too and not realized my mistake until I saw the parking lot.

So as I said, I took a hald day on Friday and headed into Buffalo for a fun filled weekend. We generally stay with my parents when we go in. Did some running around to drop off some baby stuff for my cousin, who was having a baby shower on Sunday. Saw my grandma who just got out of the hospital. She's now recouping after some back surgery. She's such a tough lady, I think shes 85 or something, has a replacement hip and knee, and has had countless surgeries the past few years, and yet she still keeps on tickin'. I hope I am as tough as her when I get to be her age. She's just been getting down on her self about everything and we just have to help keep her hopes up.
Got our taxes done this weekend...turned out very well. I purposely try and contribute just a bit more than I have to so I can always get something back. Sort of like a little reward every year at tax time.
We went skiing on Saturday as well. Went out to Bristol Mountain in Rochester with some friends and met some co-workers up there too. Had a great time...what a nice night. Thought we weren't going to be able to get out this season, but we did. Oh how I love skiing, what a wonderful sport.
And then Sunday the boys and I just chilled with my dad while my wife and mother went to the baby shower. They sounded like they had a good time. And then we did what we ALWAYS do on Sunday evenings, watch Extreme Home Makeover and Desperate Housewives. Two good shows in my opinion, I suggest watching them.

Well, thats my weekend, now its on to a short work week.

Haven't heard from my sister in Iraq since last Monday or Tuesday. Hope shes ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home